Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Colonial GT is coming up fast


In less than two weeks, I will be making the trek on the Garden State Parkway, Northbound for Clark NJ to attend the Colonial GT.

This is the 2nd year in a row that the Colonial will have a Warhammer 40k event. This event sold out very quickly, and I am really looking forward to see what Chris Nanry and his staff have up their sleeves for this event.

Last year for this event, I took my Deathwing army, this year however, it's going to be my beloved Space Wolves. I have just one new Dreadnought to finish, and a little touch up on some older models to do (some broken weapons and chipped paint) and I will be all set to go.

Here is the list I decided on taking:

HQ: Logan Grimnar

Troop: The Wolf Guard x10
1 and 2. Terminator Armor, Power Weapon, and Storm Bolter
3 and 4. Terminator Armor, Power Weapon, and Combi-PG
5 and 6. Terminator Armor, Power Fist and Assault Cannon
7. Terminator Armor, Power Fist and Combi-PG
8. Terminator Armor, Wolf Claw and Combi-PG
9. Combi-MG, Power Weapon, and Melta-bombs (with Wolf Scouts)
10. Storm Bolter and Power Fist (with Blood Claws)

Troop: 5x Grey Hunters with Meltagun
Razorback Transport with twin-linked Lascannon

Troop:5x Grey Hunters with Meltagun
Razorback Transport with twin-linked Lascannon

Troop: 7x Blood Claws with Flamer and Power Weapon
Rhino Transport

Elite: Dreadnought with a Twin-linked Auto Cannon, Dreadnought CCW and a Stormbolter

Elite: Dreadnought with a Twin-linked Auto Cannon, Dreadnought CCW and a Stormbolter

Elite: 5x Wolf Scouts with 2x Power Weapons, Melta-gun, and Melta-bombs

Heavy Support: Predator with twin-linked Lascannon and Lascannon side sponsons

Heavy Support: Long Fangs x6 with 5x Heavy Bolters

This list comes in at 1848 points

It is very much like the list I took to the Mechanicon, with the only real change being to the Dreadnoughts. While I really liked the Assault Cannons on the Dreads, I found I would spend a lot of time getting them into position and range to use their weapons effectively, with the Auto cannons I'm finding I can typically move and shoot from turn one, making them a threat right away. This also serves to take some of the early heat off of the Terminators giving me time to get them across the board.

I have been a bit lazy with getting pictures up lately, but I have been making progress. I will post a couple of pictures of my new Dreadnoughts, as well as the whole army set up in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment