Hi all, and welcome.
I will be using this blog for our Map Based Campaign.
I will quickly post the Campaign Rules below, along with the plans for our "Opening Moves" night.
To join the campaign simply post a reply here, with your name and the army you are going to be playing (this way I can start to get to work on our back story). You do not have to post your list if you don't want to, but we can use this blog for any discussion of the campaign.
Army Composition: This campaign will begin with a 500 points army built by using the Adepticon Combat Patrol organization chart, and restrictions. ( A special note should be made in regards to armor, the maximum armor allowed for vehicles which are not dedicated transports is 33. This number is the sum of the front+side+rear armor of the vehicle, only counting the side once.)
Here is the link
I am shooting to begin this campaign on the first Thursday in February and we will be meeting and playing at Jester's Playhouse.
On night one we will be playing 3 games, these games will determine the starting points and how many starting tiles each player will have, in addition to providing a little bonus in the third game.
All games in the first week will be played on a 4x4 table.
Game 1: "Recon" Advancing patrols are probing the enemy for weak points in their lines, looking for a place to strike.
Deployment: "Pitched Battle"
Victory Conditions: The Player with the most scoring units in the opposing players deployment zone wins the game.
Special Rules: Night Fight (turns 1&2), Random Game length
Game 2: "Cleanse" Having completed their Recons, the armies now strike attempting to take ground.
Deployment: "Board Corners" (as per the BRB)
Victory Conditions: The Player who controls the most board corners at the end of the game wins.
Special Rules: The 12" center circle is a 5th zone, Random Game length
Game 3: "Supply Drop" Having engaged the enemy, and secured a foothold on enemy soil, more supplies are called in. (Seize Ground with 3 objective markers, rules for placing the markers are as per the BRB)
Deployment: "Dawn of War"
Victory Conditions: as per the BRB for the Seize Ground scenario.
Special Rules: The winner of this game gets a bonus of 15 points to be used for Wargear in their army!
1st Round pairings will be random unless a challenge is issued in which case every effort will be made for the 2 opposing armies to fight each other as long as the challenge is accepted. After the first game, a Swiss style format will go into play.
Wins and Losses will be used to help determine the effectiveness of your opening strikes onto the planet.
Results: Win = 2 tiles, a loss gets you 1 tile
The overall winner of the opening moves night will get to choose a tile first, these may be placed anywhere on the board, at least 2 tiles away from a Hive City. Tile placement will then continue in order of finish.
All of the Standard Planetary Empires rules are in effect, with the following changes:
1. The Conquest Table on page 5, a Tile not adjacent to one of the winners tiles 2d6 roll is changed from a 7+ to a 5+. (This campaign is being designed to be fast and furious, so we want lots of action on the board)
2. Since we are using such small armies in an effort to have a high action campaign, all of the points bonuses for being out numbered are halved. So instead of 50 points a tile, the outnumbered player only gets 25 points a tile.
Other Campaign Rules:
Attempting to take a Tile that is not occupied: A player may attempt to take an unoccupied Tile, but any player may "block" the attempt by issuing a challenge and playing a game. This does not use up the players turn, and if the Blocking player wins, then he gets to attempt to take the tile! In the event that more than one player wants to issue a challenge, then simply roll a die to decide who gets to fight.
While we are using small Combat Patrol armies for this campaign, I want to promote new armies and some growth during the campaign. Therefore, each tile taken by a player adds 10 points to their army total.
Other Terrain Modifiers:
1. Space Port: +1 Fast Attack Choice, OR give one unit Deep Strike (this can be changed from turn to turn, but not game to game during the same evening). Points Bonus: +25 (as supplies and reinforcements are easily obtained with a Space Port)
2. Manufactorum: +1 Heavy Support Slot AND +5 points to the Armor Value limit (this tile also allows Monstrous Creatures to be taken). Points Bonus:+10
3. Command Bastion: +1 Elite Slot OR +1 HQ Slot, in addition the 2 wound restriction is removed. Points Bonus: +20
4. Power Station: Removes Armor Save, and Toughness restrictions. Points Bonus: +50 (more power, yeah!)
5. Shield Generator: Removes Invulnerable Save Restrictions. Points Bonus: +10
6. Hive City: Counts as one of each of the above. Points Bonus: +10 (for 125 total!)
* The Hive City will be very hard to capture, and is currently occupied by the Planetary Defense force led by Colonel Hunter himself. In game terms this will result in a game using the City fight rules, against an Imperial Guard army led by the Campaign Moderator.
Well that should get us started, the map is done, and I will be posting a picture shortly. Along with some other scenario ideas as we progress through this campaign.