Friday, February 3, 2012

A Warriors of Chaos update

A little dark I know, but I snapped these in a hurry. Below you can see the start of my Chaos Warriors unit. The conversions are a simple kit bash. I enjoyed making them and am quite happy with the way they turned out, even if they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Just 14 more to build for my unit of 16 that I plan on including in my army.




Next up we have the start of my first of three Marauder Horsemen units. This first unit will be 10 strong, armed with spears. Again a bit of a kit bash. The Chaos Knight lances are doing double duty in this army, acting as Halberds for the Warriors and Spears for the horsemen.



Again, sorry for it being so dark, but here is a WIP of the paint scheme I have planned for my Horses. I started with an Army Painter brown as a base coat and worked up from there. I am sticking with a very limited color palette, that will match with the rest of the army for a strong cohesive look.


I saved my favorite for last, the "Blood Father" the Warrior Priest Seer in my Marauder Warband for Mordheim. he got his ass kicked steadily last night, but things can only get better from here. especially after I get some paint on him. took quite a bit of time to get the Bloodletter skull helm right and the sculpting work on the hair and beard, but in the end I am pleased with the results.



That's about it for now, time for me to get some paint on some of these models. I will have better pictures to post once I get some completed stuff up.
Thanks for looking and of course any comments or ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment